Those of you who regularly read this blog know that I cover a mix of news for independent advisors—technology, compliance, marketing and a wide range of other topics. I also write about what's new at my company, Advisor Products, which makes websites, newsletters, and brochures for about 1,800 advisory firms.
Apropos of my schizophrenic role as reporter and service provider to advisors, I am splitting this blog in two.
This blog will now only cover what's new at Advisor Products. Articles I write about industry issues will now be posted in my blog at advisorsforadvisors.
advisorsforadvisors is a new practice management website. It's in beta, but you can sign up now for a 30-day free trial. (Advisor Products clients will receive an email next week about how to sign up for a free one-year subscription.)
Two veteran financial journalists have teamed up with me to create advisorsforadvisors. Mary Rowland is a former columnist at The New York Times who now writes a monthly column for Financial Advisor, and Bob Casey started up and ran Bloomberg Wealth Manager and is now a managing director of the Family Wealth Alliance.
advisorsforadvisors has strong social networking and provides crucial information to run an advisory business, including:
· Links to all important market and economic news stories by 8:30 a.m. EDT every business day
· A way to objectively compare advisor software applications feature-by-feature, side-by-side
· Social networking features that connect advisors who practice the same way as each other
· Advisor reviews of software applications
· User groups for software applications
· Daily analysis of industry and financial news by veteran reporters and industry experts
· Free access to weekly webinars with CE credit for many sessions and replays of all webinars 24/7